- Heat shrink tubing
- Heat gun
- Spray paint primer and paint
- Philips and flathead screwdrivers
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Wire strippers
- Soldering iron
- Solder, flux, and metal braid
- Electrical tape
- Plastic cable clamps (to hold down and anchor the wires)
- E6000 hobby glue/rubber cement
The culprit...Gateway 610 ALL-IN-ONE media center pc
The source of the problem. This VER. 0.0 PSU is underpowered for all that the pc has to offer.
Here is the replacement PSU. I know, I know...it's ugly and bulky. Well, that's nothing a little elbow grease and some imagination won't can't fix.
Some pics of the painted PSU case. I chose
a nice glossy black color.