Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Android, oh Android...where for art thou Android?

     Well, after about a week of enjoying my new HTC Sensation 4G Android phone, I decided to return it to WireFly.com due to a glitch with the camera.  Well, I made an honest mistake of dropping off a FedEx Ground package in a FedEx Express dropbox and somehow my package has managed to disappear over the course of the last 3 weeks!  After several calls to FedEx that brought me to the brink of having a coronary, I have discovered that FedEx makes it all too easy for their packages to get "misplaced".  It turns out that (even though they belong to the same company) FedEx Express drivers DO NOT have to capability to scan any FedEx Ground packages that get accidentally dropped off at one of their drop boxes.  So, in essence, your package is unaccounted for until it gets scanned at a FedEx Ground location.  Which could mean it's essentially lost for a few days.
    Turns out that FedEx won't take responsibility because my package never got scanned, so it's technically NOT in their posession.  WireFly won't take responsibility, because their insurance plan doesn't cover these type of losses.  I am S.O.L because the only proof that I have is the tracking number that I have from the packing slip.  All in all, it's been one heck of a nightmare due to the irresponsibility of FedEx employees, along with a mistake on my part.  Luckily, I've had that little HTC HD2 Windows phone that I've loaded Android Froyo on.  This little phone is quite amazing.  It's almost 3 years old and is still one of the most versatile out on the market.  You can customize it like no other.  You can put Windows 7, a mobile version of Linux, or any flavor of Android that you wish.  You can either run the other OS from your SD card or install it on NAND memory.  I have not replaced the cracked screen on it, but will be taking on that project soon since I've already got my hands on the replacement parts.  I also have another HD2 that I will be replacing the USB/charging port on.
    Hope you guys learn from my mistakes when shipping out any packages through FedEx.  As for myself? I'm the type that once another business or organization leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I try to NEVER do business with that organization again if I can help it.
   As always, any comments, questions, complaints, or rants are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment